Skip to content


  • Make a complaint

    You can make a councillor conduct complaint to the Independent Assessor through the online complaint form

    Find out more
  • Is your complaint right for the OIA?

    The OIA assesses complaints about specific behaviour of individual councillors. It does not deal with administrative decision of councils or the actions of council employees. The OIA has the power to dismiss and prosecute vexatious complaints.

    Find out more
  • About the OIA

    The OIA is an independent statutory authority that undertakes the initial assessment of all complaints about councillor conduct in Queensland, and works with key stakeholders to enhance the integrity of the local government system.

    Find out more